this is 100% my very most favorite time of year...starting with september. 

first we have farmer and my birthdays four days apart in september. 

we roll that into our turtle's birthday on october 30th...and soon to be turtle 2.0's birthday month as well! pile on some halloween fun and october doesn't shake out to be a bad month either. 

next we have november...and i think we can all agree that it's oh so fun to bust out the scarves, riding boots, cozy sweaters, spiced lattes, comfort food...and pumpkin everything. hello...thanksgiving! 

to top it all of with the creme de la creme...december. and presents. and good food. and presents. presents are my love language. 

roll december into ski season...we're in good shape. yes...fall and winter are my very most favorite seasons, which is exactly why i've started decorating for fall already. 

today i'll sneak peak you the start of my decorating with our little chalkboard i change up each season. 

i started off by choosing my words and fonts in photoshop. decisions decisions. here is what i came up with:
then i just keep that little file pulled up on my computer so i can zoom in and out on each letter and word.
with my computer and supplies gathered, i painstakingly draw out each letter. and trust me...as a non-artist, this is indeed a painful process. but i so so love the way these cute chalkboards look, i insist on doing them.
my farmer watches from afar wondering why i would spend the better part of two hours working on a chalkboard.
at some point during the artistic process, my best gal wakes up and insists on helping. she says "pretty" a bunch of times and even kisses it. this is how i know i'm on the right track. a turtle seal of approval.
but eventually all the letters are complete and i just have to add the finishing touches, straighten a few lines, and dot some "i's."
i'm here to tell you, you absolutely do not need to have an ounce of artist in you to pull off a cute chalkboard. just a little time and the ability to look up and down and up and down to check your work. so yes, mainly time...and patience.